What is Taxi Insurance?
Taxi insurance is legally required if you operate as a private hire or public hire taxi driver. If you work for yourself and are self-employed and take bookings or your cab is hailed from the street, then you’ll need a different type of insurance than if you work as part of a fleet. Uber drivers need private hire insurance as standard, in the UK Uber take no responsibility for the insurance that a driver has – they operate solely to provide jobs for the driver.
If you’re looking for Taxi Fleet Insurance, we can also cover fleets of 5 vehicles or more.
Public Hire or Private Hire Taxi Insurance?
Public hire taxi drivers require a robust style of insurance because of the nature of picking people up without any pre-booking process. If you have a public hire badge, if you operate outside a train station or within city centres and are available for hire on the streets, then you’re going to need Public Hire Taxi Insurance.
Private hire taxis are for those that receive jobs while on the move. Pre-booking these taxis requires taxi insurance that covers the person who’s booked the vehicle while in transit. Normal car insurance won’t include the level of cover required to operate legally.
Quoteline Direct have been providing market leading Taxi Insurance to drivers across the UK since 1969. We have the expertise to provide you with the level of cover required to operate safely and legally.
If you’re still unsure of what kind of taxi insurance you need, get in touch with our team – we’ll be able to help.
Why Choose Quoteline Direct for your Taxi insurance?
Besides our vast experience providing taxi insurance for almost 50 years – we go the extra mile to keep our customers happy:
- Younger & Older Drivers – From age 23 – 75, we’ve got your taxi insurance covered
- Third party, Third Party Fire & Theft and Fully Comprehensive – We provide all levels of cover
- New taxi badge holders considered – Just got your taxi badge? No problem, Quoteline Direct will search the market for the best deal for you
- Transfer your no-claims bonus from a private vehicle – New to Taxi Driving? We offer Introductory discounts when you move your private car no-claims bonus to your taxi policy with us.
- Drivers with claims considered – Accidents can happen when you drive professionally. Quoteline Direct can accommodate claims and offer cheaper taxi insurance than other providers.
- Cover for a range of vehicles – from standard saloons, hackney carriages, MPVs and minibuses, our taxi insurance provides the highest quality cover.
Whatever your level of experience, whatever vehicle you drive or type of taxi driver – let us search from our range of insurers to find you the best deal. We cover the whole of the UK so whichever local authority you’re authorised to drive in – get in touch to see how we can help.
More Information about Taxi insurance
- Quoteline Direct offer great value insurance for single taxis, but if you have 5 or more vehicles you’ll likely find them cheaper on a taxi fleet insurance policy.
- Anything can happen while driving members of the public, so it isn’t just your vehicle you’ll need to cover. Ensuring you have public liability insurance means that you’re covered in the event of the passengers making a claim for injury or damage to property while in your taxi.
- If you have a taxi company, you’ll need taxi base insurance to cover your premises and staff as well as your passengers and vehicles.
- If you employ drivers yourself, you’ll need employers liability insurance too.
- Uber drivers need private hire taxi insurance. Normal car insurance isn’t enough, and Uber won’t accept responsibility for the wrong kind of insurance. They won’t check in most cases either so you’re entirely responsible to ensure you have the right cover.
Taxi Drivers need to ensure that their vehicle, passengers and premises are fully insured to operate legally and safely within the UK. Quoteline Direct understand that taxi insurance can be confusing or stressful, so our expert team are here to guide you through the process.
Get a quote online, speak to us or drop in to one of our local centres:
National Taxi Centre and Manchester Drive-In
0161 874 7777
Paramount Business Park
0151 480 6000