Data Controller: Bollington Insurance Brokers Limited
Contact for queries: 01625 854300
We are Bollington Insurance Brokers Limited and are part of The Bollington Wilson Group of companies. Bollington Insurance Brokers Limited includes the trading styles of Ashgrove Insurance Services, ChoiceQuote Insurance, Quoteline Direct, Wilsons Commercial Insurance Services, Haulsure and Wilsons Insurance Group. The details provided here are a summary of how we collect, use, share, transfer and store your information. You can contact our Data Security Manager at: Adlington Court, Adlington Business Park, Adlington, Cheshire, SK10 4NL or by emailing as per the above.
How we will use the information you give us.
We will use your information on the basis that it is necessary to administer your insurance contract or help you make a claim. Where we need to pass information to other firms, it will only be for that purpose. These firms will be Insurers, other insurance brokers, price comparison sites, firms handling claims, finance providers and firms that process or administer our records. Information will also be shared with public bodies and industry bodies, such as, the Motor Insurance Bureau and the Claims Underwriting Exchange, to comply with regulatory requirements and to assist in the identification and prevention of fraud and other financial crime. We would never share your personal data without the appropriate care and necessary safeguards being in place.
When we contact you, it will either be for the above reason, or because we have a legitimate interest in marketing related products. Please contact us if you would like to change your marketing consent preferences.
If we have to transfer information to a country outside the EU, we will only do so if a similar level of protection applies. If we need to obtain information which is by nature sensitive, we will only do so on the basis that it is in the public interest – for example to fight crime, prevent fraud or to make sure insurance is available.
We, and other firms involved in arranging your insurance (insurers, other intermediaries or finance providers) may use public and personal data from a variety of sources including credit reference agencies and other organisations. The information is used to help tailor a price, to ascertain the most appropriate payment options for you and to help prevent fraud. Any credit reference search will appear on your credit report whether or not your application proceeds.
We may use your data for automated decision making, to assess insurance risks, detect fraud, and administer your policy. This helps us decide whether to offer you insurance, determine prices and the terms of the policy. If you disagree with the outcome of an automated decision, please contact us on: 01625 854300.
What type of personal information do we need?
- We may need personal details which might include details of members of your family, lifestyle, finances, business or education. If you are providing information about someone else, you must make sure they are aware of our privacy notice.
- We will only collect what is necessary and will only keep it for as long as we are required to do in line with our data retention policy. You can ask us for a copy.
What other types of information do we need?
- Under certain circumstances we may also need to obtain information about Race or Origin, Gender, Religion, Health, Politics, Genetics, Trade Union Membership, Sex or Sexual Orientation.
- We might also need details of criminal convictions.
- We will only collect what is necessary and protect it with appropriate security measures.
How do we obtain your information?
- We may gather it from information you submit to a website, by telephone, face to face, text (SMS) or by email.
- We may receive it from insurers, other insurance brokers, introducers, price comparison sites and firms handling claims. It includes finance providers and firms that process or store our records.
What are my legal rights?
- You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner at ico.org.uk, Tel 0303 123 1113.
- You can obtain a copy of your personal information from us without charge by contacting us at the address above. This may include the right to transfer information to other providers.
- You have the right to ask us to correct information.
- You have the right to ask us to delete your information or stop using it, unless it is necessary for us to retain it for insurance or financial purposes as set out in our document retention policy.
- You may have the right to object if decisions about you are made solely by a computer.