The most commonly asked questions are answered below:
Most departments can be contacted between 9am and 6pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 4pm Saturdays.
Any correspondence you receive will have a department number to call. However, one telephone number will get you through to every department: 0161 874 8011.
To contact us by email, please use one of the following email addresses. Please do not send your message to more than one address. If you are an existing policyholder and want to inform us of a change then please visit our existing policyholder section.
- Customer Service and general queries
- Car Insurance renewals
- Home Insurance (all enquiries)
- Breakdown Cover
- Commercial Insurance
- Travel Insurance
- Gold Club Affinity Scheme
- Marketing and Advertising enquiries
- Affiliate scheme enquiries
Click here to find out more about our affiliate program.
If you would prefer to write to us:
Contacting Quoteline Direct
If you wish to contact Quoteline Direct, details of our postal address, telephone numbers and email addresses are available in the tabs.
Existing Customers : How to contact Quoteline Direct
Existing clients of Quoteline Direct can make contact by phoning us, or completing a form online (customer services will then contact you).
All information is given in the existing clients area on our website, please click here.
If you have a policy that is due for renewal with Quoteline Direct, please click here to visit our renew online area.
How do I renew my policy
If you have received your renewal reminder letter, and wish to renew online, you can do so by visiting our website link here.
Alternatively, you can also phone us to discuss your renewal.
How long does it take for my vehicle to appear as insured in the DVLA database?
If you have purchased a policy from Quoteline Direct, your insurer will inform the DVLA that your vehicle is insured. This can take up to 7 days. You can check if your vehicle is listed as insured in the DVLA database by visiting the following web site: www.askmid.com
Making changes to your existing household policy
If you wish to make any changes to your household policy please click here.
My Policies from Quoteline Direct is a quick and convenient way to check what policies you have with us. To get started, visit this web site: mypolicies.quotelinedirect.co.uk
Opening password protected PDF documents
If you have received any documents from us via email, they may be attached as a password-protected PDF document.
To open the document, please enter the password as described in the email.
Requesting copies of your documents
You can request copies of your documents by visiting the existing policyholders section of our website.
Please complete the General Enquiry form. One of the Customer Service team will then contact you.
Sending documents to Quoteline Direct by email, fax or text message (SMS)
Updating your contact information
If you have changed any contact information such as your telephone number or email address, please contact us by email at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will confirm by email that our records have been updated.
What is your email address?
Our most common email addresses are listed on this page.
Click the “Email” tab to see the list. If a suitable email address is not listed, please return to the Contact us page and enter your query.
Where are my documents?
We aim to send your insurance documents to you as soon as possible, normally within 3 working days. If you have selected to receive your documents by post rather than email it will take a few extra days.
If you have not received your documents and are concerned please contact us here. If you have asked for documents by email please check your spam folder before contacting us.
What documents are acceptable as proof of address?
We will accept the following types of documents:
- Driving Licence (a photocard or paper licence are both acceptable providing they display your address). We may also need you to download a driving licence summary or provide us with a check code but the documents you have received from us will confirm if this is the case.
- Notification letter from the Benefits agency, or another Government agency, confirming the right to benefits pension (issued within the last 3 months).
- HMRC Tax Notification letter / Assessment letter or Statement of Account.
- Letter confirming residency from a Nursing Home / Care Home.
- Local Authority Tax Bill (issued within 3 months or valid for current year).
- Statement or letter from Bank / Building Society / Credit Card / Mortgage / Life Insurance / Investment indicating that a relationship exists (issued within the last 3 months).
- Utility Bill including mobile phone (issued within the last 3 months).
- Solicitor’s letter confirming recent house / land purchase (issued within the last 3 months).
- Local Authority / Housing Association / Public Letting Agency tenancy agreement / Tenancy Agreement or letter.
- TV licence (valid for the current year).
- Vehicle tax renewal document (issued within the last 3 months).
- Court appointment instruction (e.g. Probate or Court registered Power of Attorney).
If you have any questions about sending your documents to Quoteline Direct then please call 0161 874 8011 and select the option for Customer Services.