Collecting Your Information
- We will collect your personal information when you ask for a quotation or as a result of the purchase of a product or service from us.
- If you contact us by telephone your call may be recorded for monitoring and training purposes.
- All information collected is stored securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
How Your Information Will Be Used
- We may from time to time inform you of new products or services offered by Wilsons Insurance Group by post, phone, email or SMS text message. If you do not wish for your personal information to be used this way please contact us at the address shown on the contact us page.
- Your personal information will not be shared with other selected organisations for marketing purposes without your prior consent.
- We are committed to protecting your privacy and therefore have technical and physical security in place along with anti-virus mechanisms to protect our computer systems.
- Cookies are small pieces of information sent by a web server to a web browser that enables the server to collect information. These pieces of information are stored as small files on the device you are using. For example, your computer or phone.
» Click here to learn more about what cookies are & how to manage them
- Quoteline Direct does not store personal information in cookies. Where cookies are used, they are employed to remember non-specific information about your visit, such as the code which identifies the web site that referred you to us.
- You can choose to disable cookies in your browser, but this will restrict your use of our web site. In particular, you will not be able to use our quote comparison service.
» Click here to learn how to delete cookies
- There are two types of cookies which you may encounter when using our websites:
- First party cookies are created and controlled by Quoteline Direct. These are used to ensure that your visit is as easy & reliable as possible. For example, we may use a first party cookie to ensure that you are not required to re-enter the same information more than once.
- Third party cookies are used by other companies tools & services and can be created when any of the Quoteline Direct web sites interact with other web sites or Internet services. These cookies do not contain any personal information. They are used to collect information about your visit to allow Quoteline Direct to understand how you used our web site. Quoteline Direct works with two third party companies who may store a cookie on your device:
Google Analytics provides analytical information which helps Quoteline Direct to understand how our visitors interact with our web sites and services.
BoldChat, from LogMeIn, provides interactive services which allow us to communicate directly with our customers via an Internet chat service. They also provide analytical information which helps Quoteline Direct to understand what path our visitors take though our web sites and services.
Links to Other Websites
Accessing Your Personal Information
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you have the right to access your personal information we hold on our files. If you would like a copy of this information please write to us at the address below, enclosing a cheque for £10.00. The cheque must be made payable to "Wilsons Insurance Group."
The Data Protection Officer
Wilsons Insurance Group